drawing plans for stirling engine

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
santu398

Re: drawing plans for stirling engine

Post by santu398 »

Can u please help me with the easy design of alpha two piston type stirling engine?
santu398

Post by santu398 »

sorry i did not get any mail...

please resend to santu1602@yahoo.com or santu398@gmail.com
santu398

Post by santu398 »

ya..refreshed...Did not get untill now...resend pleaseee
Chriske

Post by Chriske »

Hi,

Someone else got plans and drawings of working models of owne design and willing to share them with us..?

Chris
Mijn thuis is waar mijn draaibank staat...
Chriske

Post by Chriske »

Hi all,

Why not post links from sites with usable projects in this thread...?
It would be of great help for noviced/futur hotair-engine-builders.
This way they have an overview in a nutshell what possible engines they can build.

Chris
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Hi, if you loo in my gallery, you'll see a diagram of a flame licker that was in an old Model Engineer Mag, that was enough information for me to build a good working motor. Ian S C
Chriske

Post by Chriske »

Ian,

I understand what you're trying to say. But there are lots of people who need a set of good drawings to start with.
Particularly people starting in this hobby need just a bit more info. If you just got started, not knowing exactly how these engines work it would be most helpfull you got some extra clarification to go with a set of drawings.

Chris
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Research, thats why we go to school so that we can go to the library, the inter net, and fellow engineering modelers, and people who dabble in things mechanical, and ask questions. If worst comes to worst, I think some of the answers might be found here. As far as materials etc., I'm sure I can give some suggestions. To build anything one must have the aptitude, and a certain amount of skill, and a lot of patience, and don't give up, be prepared to try again. I'll admit that it was over a year before I got that flame licker going, all that was needed was opening the intake port from 5 mm to 6.5 mm. I built one of Jan Ridders' little flame lickers three years ago, it still does not go, but it will one day, even if I have to do a complete rebuild. I find that I have more success with Stirling Engines. I'v also built a 4 cycle single cylinder, open crank petrol engine, it won't work either (yet), but it will (I hope). Ian S C