New book from AJO

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
nickh

New book from AJO

Post by nickh »

vamoose

Re: New book from AJO

Post by vamoose »

Nice
After going through the contents section and reading the teaser and google books preview it seems this book could be a very interesting and useful resource.
Going by the foreword, It appears Organ has brought a large amount of essential information and experience together into one place.
BUT before i consider digging out my jar of pennies it would be nice to read a few reviews, which i haven't been able to find yet.
I know its a fairly new book, but has anyone out there read it yet or know where to find a review or two??
cheers,

vamoose
Triangle.Stirling

Post by Triangle.Stirling »

Nice book, seems to me a very good book to read.
I'm afraid it is a bit too expensive for me onfortunately.

If anyone buys this book, i'd like to hear their opinion!

Greets,

Krijn
vamoose

Post by vamoose »

Just got my copy of the book, “Thanks Mum!” (Great Bday Present!)....
looks like I’ll need to polish up on my rusty old maths!! Allot of intense reading ahead of me it appears, but am looking forward to it.
I wont be doing a proper review any time soon but a preliminary flick through is enough to wet my appetite .

So here is a light expression of my thoughts (and hopes) for the book.
To start there is some interesting general information in (and throughout) the book, BUT, it soon escalates and really tries to get at the core of the current understanding of these fickle devices.
There’s also lots of great knowledge and references from all around the Stirling field, (including some by people mentioned on (and even involved in) this forum.)

If one can afford the price (or wants to bundle a few presents together), then this book might well be worthwhile purchasing.
If it does nothing more than allow (force) me to get my head around the maths and concepts as a matter of due course while reading the book, then it will be money well spent. but if (as i'm hoping) it is able to help me understand these engines on a more intimate and intuitive level then the price is a mere pittance.

Thanks in advance to AJO and all involved..

vamoose