High powered Stirling going into production

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
mikeptag

Re: High powered Stirling going into production

Post by mikeptag »

Checked out the new website. This is exciting! Looking forward to pictures of the final production model. I contacted my favorite alternative energy store to let them know and maybe become a distributor.

Do you think there will be leasing plans for customers in the United States? Either way Im going to have to secure some financing for at least half the amount.
stedevil

Post by stedevil »

Noticed a lot of links on the website are dead. A mistake or are those pages & documents just not ready yet?

Also, is the location Alvestad on the map correct? (Id presume it should be Älvkarleby?)

Danny is also speaking about the product in 2 parts of a video and there is a referance to a third part, but I didnt find it on the site.

Further, I mentioned in this thread a list of performance with many different fuels used that was available on the old website. Perhaps it could be added to the new site as well?

Meanwhile a general link re LiFePO batteries for those here interested :)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_ ... te_battery
stedevil

Post by stedevil »

The guys at Inresol are apparently rarely taking a peak here, so called them again today to ask how things are going.

Most links on the webpage are dead because they are still hard at work producing manuals, spec sheets as well as several new videos of where/how to use the Genious. As the documentation becomes ready it will appear on the website.

I did get some further info on the electrical output-performance at different temperatures.
The engine starts at a temperature of around 600 C, the specified 5kW is reached at 900 C and at 1100C it should push out about 6kW.
Also, once the engine has started up, it will continue to run at temps as low as about 300 C, which yields about 1,2kW from the generator.

They have also stress-tested the stirling at 1200 C, it seems to work fine, but they are at that point getting too close for comfort to some of the alloys max temperatures. Considering the quite high internal pressure levels, such temperatures for longer periods are certainly advised against. However if the hot cylinder end would get terminal damage, the part is reasonably cheap to replace.

The physical parts in the AC-DC-AC converter are speced at about 21kW, but limited in software to the stated max 10kW output, to ensure long term problem free operation.

At the moment they are still stocking up on parts, but production should commence as scheduled in May-June.
nickh

Post by nickh »

Is a shaft output version to be available? Several people in the UK Stirling engine society have been looking at the SE as an alternative power unit for small river boats (E.g.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO1mcOu3zBQ).

Electric launches are quite popular due to their practically silent operation, but they suffer from that perennial problem of electric vehicles - heavy, expensive and comparatively short lived batteries.

I guess even if electrical output is the only option (obviously easier to seal) then some sort of hybrid arrangement could be worked out.

NHH
Inresol

Post by Inresol »

Hi there Mikeptag

Can you please remove the photo content in this mail... the picture of the previous 1 kW stirling engine was that of a previous project and is no longer a part or has any connection to the new 10kW GENIOUS Stirling engine we are currently manufacturing. We do not wish to cause any confusion with regards to other members who worked with us on this previous project. Thank you

Also you will find that the original awareness website d2walsh.wix.com was disabled a while ago, so please delete this also so we dont send interested parties to the wrong location.

All updated information and imagery will be constantly updated on our current website : www.inresol.se

Thank you
Inresol

Post by Inresol »

Dear All ,

I am sorry that we do not have the time at present to constantly monitor this site, and we do appreciate your expert opinions.
To answer a few questions i read in previous mails :

Yes we have a new website up and running, and we are still adding to it. re: data sheets and downloadable pdf's

The videos of me talking were a one off trial with an americal marketing company that we took advantage of posting for the interim period to ad to the awareness campaign.

We are currently moving to a large assembly facility here in Sweden with a capacity of manufacturing approx 4000 engines per month.. we will of course start with a smaller number of approx 300 in August and ramp up month on month ..

We are still looking for Global resellers and distributors and encourage you them to contact us via our website for further information.

Thank you for your support, and please feel free to comment and inform us of what further information we should have readily available on our site for the future customer.

PS, We are already starting to take orders, and we are quoting for many different shipping methods.. engines are made once payment is received and have just now an approximate delivery schedule of 4 weeks , depending on your location.

Thank you

Danny Walsh
CEO Inresol AB
Triangle.Stirling

Post by Triangle.Stirling »

Hi guys from Inresol,

I'm very interested in your generator.
I have just a few questions.

We saw a video about testing a stirling engine, in another video i saw a photo of a test-engine. (Also, why that photo with the production line of that typical cheap gasoline generator?)
Somewhere i even saw a photo of someting that looked like a finished product?
But can you provide us with real footage of the finished product?
I'd really like to see photo's of the finished product, including some details, and video footage of the unit running and it producing power.
If you are selling these units, can you post them on your website for example? I'm sure you will attract more people by showing your product instead of some computer renderings.

Also i'd like to see more about for example the solar tracker and the container.

Don't take me wrong, i'm just really interested in these products, but i remain skeptical, until i see proof of actual running engines and some details.

Regards,

Krijn
Aviator168

Post by Aviator168 »

Let me get this straight. 22% is all we can get from a stirling engine? Or just this engine is turned to give 22% mechanical efficiency? Also, would like to see some data on lubrication and sealing as well.
mikeptag

Post by mikeptag »

Finally. Heres a movie of the stirling engine going into production:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x22a1hajtn1u ... 0start.mp4

hopefully the link works posting it this way.
Aviator168

Post by Aviator168 »

Thank you for posting the link. I would like to know the total heat exchange area inside and outside of the engine on both hot and cold cylinder. Anyone has those information? Also, what is the price of the engine?
critic

Post by critic »

Aviator168 wrote:Thank you for posting the link. I would like to know the total heat exchange area inside and outside of the engine on both hot and cold cylinder. Anyone has those information? Also, what is the price of the engine?
Let them be. At least we know that something is here wrong for sure. They are avoiding technical details, they did not explain the necessity to buy batterries, they did not explained why efficiency is only 20% and first and foremost, they hid the price. So I think, this is enough to evaluate this ECO-fucking-project as fake or worse - cheat. They also sent one troll and then the enemy troll and neither of them were good enough to be missed by my radars.

There must be a very good reason why striling engines are not massively produced. And everyone knows that stirling engine is good only for burning wood. Everybody has a wood in willage. So why the hell there are no stirling engines everywhere? Government regulation or some other reason?
Nabe

Post by Nabe »

Any news on this, I have sent them an email for some clarification as I do not understand how the pellet feed works, where it burns, how you clean it, where the chimney is and so on, here is a video that doesn't do anything to clear the mystery up; http://www.ktva.com/chena-renewable-ene ... stone-761/
When I looked for info the projected cost of the Unit looked to be 5000 Euros on another over 7000 and here they are talking 30000, is this all a very elaborate hoax?
I understand an Austrian company has now brought out domestic commercial units but only for sale in Austria at the moment, does anyone know of any that actually work and how much they cost?
tentstovenerd

Post by tentstovenerd »

Considering price of oil, wood pellet is a big joke.
and US$150-200 per barrel of oil was also a conspiracy, US$50 must be normal,
So basically you can forget wood pellet.
I am doing wood pellet burner for BBQ smoker, at 225F lasting 10+ hours.
Wood pellet is for FLAVOUR, and automatically control of up to 10+ hours.
Wood has better taste than gas/electric in BBQ.
Wood pellet burner can be controlled AUTOMACTICALLY than stick burner
tentstovenerd

Post by tentstovenerd »

critic wrote:There must be a very good reason why striling engines are not massively produced. And everyone knows that stirling engine is good only for burning wood. Everybody has a wood in willage. So why the hell there are no stirling engines everywhere? Government regulation or some other reason?
In your western countries, you can burn coal, oil ,gas to generating electricity.
Even you generate electricity by wood, the steam engine must be better than Stirling.
So Stirling is useless in western countries.

In our developing countries, there are poor peasants living remotely.
They have only wood, never coal/gas/oil.
Each household need only a few hundreds of watt for lighting or TV.
Every houshold live far apart.
the Stirling must be best for them.
But they are the poorest and can never afford to a 500 watt stirling engine generator
Nabe

Post by Nabe »

Well I understand that steam needs to be constantly monitored so that is out for most people. Where I live in the countryside wood is the normal method of heating, and pellets for the better off, oil and gas can and do fluctuate wildly, we took out a diesel heating system as it was very expensive to run. So for most of the year heat is being generated and much is wasted so the percenatages don't really matter as long as it generates power it will make a difference, but apparently this machine does everything and if it comes in at the right price it is a no brainer.