Water pump build.tek elements

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
larsinist

Water pump build.tek elements

Post by larsinist »

i think i could manage to run the water thru a radiator if i have one more peltier element

what ya think
[video 425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73CEcip_eTI[/video]
vamoose

Re: Water pump build.tek elements

Post by vamoose »

Nice one larsinist ...
But I cant quite see where the flux capacitor might be?? (jokes)
Interesting contraption!
Also.. I like the idea of combining thermoelectric energy with Stirling engines (to scavenge a few more percent), even though they can be damn inefficient.

vamoose
larsinist

Post by larsinist »

Thank you vamoose..this is one of two cylinders running."i dont have all the parts,to make the second atm".
i have tested how high it can rise the water now,its about 10cm, so i think its ok to try a radiator now.i am thinking to make a second drive shaft, that can drive the cooling fans to them peltier elements...this one revs to about 1450RPM!!!... so when it gets 2 cylinders running it can be cool.i want to build a magneto flywheel,but i need some helpe there..
i have rom for about 3 more of them modules i build..each module has 2 tek elements inside....

any have an good idea of how to build the stator flywheel?
Triangle.Stirling

Post by Triangle.Stirling »

Hi Lars,

Interesting engine!
Do you have any more info about the parts you've used?

I see a fan runningand a sort of radiator? Is it just aluminum parts glued together?
And the water pump, is it right that you use an electric pump?

Keep building!

Regards,

Krijn
larsinist

Post by larsinist »

Krijn thank you, i get motivated by you!!

The radiator you see with the fan, is the cooling to the peltier element,i have an aluminium element there to make that side cold, and it get heat from the burner on the other side ..that make electricity to the electric water pump engine.and this i call one module, and i will have 4 modules on each cylinder,so i will get alot of more power."its connected in series! i will try to learn how to build a stator flywheel, so i can produce alot of electric energy..can some help me here??,i learn easy...

the tec module i build has a oven anti burn silicon layer in the midle of it, so the heat dont come to the cold side.
The flywheelsaft is made of a thin piano wire, and then i layed a brass pipe over that again, and then i took a thikker brass pipe over that agian,so i have 3 layers.then i tok the small dremel and cut in them ofset, and then i filled it with solding.i also found som ferfekt ball bearings.
I am thinking of build a new module tomorrow, and test with a smaller piston/displacer..

Thank you again..
i have a goal that i could get over 2000RPM on my home build stirling engine..heheh
Triangle.Stirling

Post by Triangle.Stirling »

Hmmm, that sounds really interesting! I think it's more that i get motivated by you.
You seem to have much time on your hands to build these things.

I'm sorry i can't help you with the flywheel.
Do you have a link where you get the peltier elements, or what sort it is?

I think it is really possible to get over that 2000 rpm mark, considering the speeds you're running now.

PS i'm not commenting for the coming 2 weeks.
larsinist

Post by larsinist »

Thank you, i took the peltier elements from a cooling box on 12volts!!
i shall try to build a new stator flywheel.
today i got my water cooling radiator working