Model H8101

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
gregorio

Model H8101

Post by gregorio »

Hello,

I´m Gregorio and I haveve built the model H8101 Stirling Engine, I have problems with the pistons that don´t work properly, I´ll appreciate some help

Thanks
vamoose

Re: Model H8101

Post by vamoose »

Hi Gregorio,

Can you post some pictures and give a more detailed explanation of your 'piston problems'..
if you can point 'us' in the right direction i'm sure someone on the forum would be able to help point 'you' in the right direction :cool:

vamoose
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Gregorio, did you get the pre-machined kit, or the kit of parts to machine up your self.
Just had a look on Grizzly to see the motor. If the pre-machined kit, as long as the required hole is drilled in the right place there's not too much to go wrong. The piston should when detached from the con rod, slide under it's own weight down the cylinder, but if you block off the end of the cylinder the piston should stop. With the cylinder blocked the piston should be bouncy in the bore, push it down, and it should bounce up again.
I'm not sure of the construction of the displacer, but it looks as though it is a metal tube, the main thing is that it must not rub on the inside of the cylinder. The rod must move freely through the gland, but have minimal leaks of air.
Don't know what the bearings are, but they must be free. Give us some photos if you can, and tell us a bit more about the motor, good luck.
Ian S C
twinkle45

Post by twinkle45 »

I'm not sure of the construction of the displacer, but it looks as though it is a metal tube, the main thing is that it must not rub on the inside of the cylinder. The rod must move freely through the gland, but have minimal leaks of air.
Don't know what the bearings are, but they must be free. Give us some photos if you can, and tell us a bit more about the motor, good luck.
We are the pioneers in providing 1Y0-A26 free exam dumps and testking exams with 100% exam pass guarantee. Download our latest SAP and examsheets ccna or pass real exam of Baldwin Wallace University.