Correlation size of the steel wool displacer with normal?

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
Sameman

Correlation size of the steel wool displacer with normal?

Post by Sameman »

Does anybody have experience to determine compliance approximate dimensions between steel wool displacer and normal? If swap volume of the normal displacer is one what is the swap volume of the steel wool displacer at the same sizes?
Ian S C

Re: Correlation size of the steel wool displacer with norma

Post by Ian S C »

Sameman, I think it might be a case of try it and see, it depends on how much it is compressed, if it's too dense the air will be impeded, if not enough the surface area will be insufficient. the better medium to use in a regenerator is stainless steel shim/foil. See Andy Ross's book "Making Stirling Engines", it's a free down load, 68 pages. Ian S C
Sameman

Post by Sameman »

More thanks, I guessed about this factors, but I wait opinion of experienced builder engines with this type of displacer, who can give a quotient. In my opinion, it is about 5-8, depending of a temperature and speed. Perhaps every time not less than 5, but interesting a length depending of speed - 1.5-2 or more diameters?
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Make the steel wool displacer to similar dimensions to a normal cylindrical metal one, just don't worry about the side clearance, although the contact between the steel wool and the hot cap should be minimal.
Ian S C
aron11

Post by aron11 »

Thanks for share…
You can join us for best OG0-092 free brain dumps dumps exam & oracle training Intel.