Design for the beta tye stirling engine

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
H..Deep

Design for the beta tye stirling engine

Post by H..Deep »

just finished the design part for the stirling.
Swet volume = 110cc
Will soon start the fabrication.
Any inputs will be appriciated.
Attachments
engine33.jpg
engine33.jpg (148.14 KiB) Viewed 4608 times
H..Deep

Re: Design for the beta tye stirling engine

Post by H..Deep »

Render 2.
Attachments
Render 2.
Render 2.
engine1.jpg (165.8 KiB) Viewed 4607 times
vile_fly

Post by vile_fly »

Pretty design. What is the bore and stroke of the unit and the diameter of the heater tubes? Basically I am looking for dead volume calculation data. Having the inside of the heater tubes threaded will help to increase internal surface area and efficiency. Not sure how easy that will be, though. I recall that it is good to have twice as many cooler tubes about 1/2 the area of a heater tube in size so that heat soak will not occur so as to reduce efficiency. I take it that the heater tubes meet with an external regenerator before hitting the water jacketed cooler tubes. Most successful rhombic designs like this use .0015" thick stainless steel shim stock that has been dimpled, then rolled together so that the dimples provided even spacing between the layers, and packed into the regenerator housing using retainers like roll pins or something. Worked for andy ross.
Image Pssst! Hey you! Yeah, you. Over here....
Aviator168

Post by Aviator168 »

What is the expected power output and at what RPM? Can you also disclose the OD and ID of the tubes?
Triangle.Stirling

Post by Triangle.Stirling »

Really nice design! Would like to hear some more specs as asked for in the comments above.

Also would be really nice to post updates when building. Would be really nice to follow the build.