removing the achilles heal of stirling motors

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
Ian S C

Re: removing the achilles heal of stirling motors

Post by Ian S C »

Do you not need a working example before you apply for a Patent?
Any pumps and other auxiliary components need to be able to be powered by the motor, leaving enough power to do the work the motor was intended to do.
I presume you have built a Stirling Engine, possibly pressurised, and this is an attempt to improve on the conventional one.
Ian S C
auret

Post by auret »

I have a provisional patent that gives me 1 year to lodge a final, with examination after that. Mine was the first provisional lodged in Australia this year :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: this is not my first patenting experience. It's going to take a lot of money.

application number 2016900001 GATED HEAT MOTOR

Look if you are a hobbyist, $10 Australian for a numbered license for something under 10hp would be fine. GATED HEAT MOTOR facebook page, i'll add you. I have already approached 2 car manufacturers with a rotary system. We are looking at 25% reduction in fuel costs to run your vehicle. Its not hard to do once you understand how we bypass the pressure walls. And the funny thing is, because we are pumping in the heat and the cooling as the case may be, we almost have instant start, and we have variable power advantages, by controlling the energy flow through the pumps.

Yeah if any of you guys have good contacts for me, I could probably afford to pay you 10% finders fee on a deal struck< anyone got friends at NASA? LOL Ford doesn't know this exists yet. Do us a favour, spread the word.
auret

Post by auret »

To answer your questions directly Ian, No, true and no. Yeah I done it before. One patents the idea, not a specific way of using the idea. For example it's not that my rotary combines the displacer with the backpressure vessel, it's the two lots of pumping that cannot occur at the same time that does the job if you know what I mean. True one car company will patent GATED HEAT MOTOR with blah blah blah, and that's how they get differentiation in the market, so long as they pay the bling bling bling it's all good.
auret

Post by auret »

Apologies for sounding like a jerk before, these things sometimes go to our heads. .... am working on a modular version, simple as pie, should be able to offer kit components for that modular set-up, will post videos of working items as we make them. Mr Stirling would turn in his grave, I don't want to use the piston stroke timing to move my displacer, not having the tail wag the dog, so to speak. Replacing the vessel walls with thin walls is one thing, but my prototype will have .15mm aluminium between the heat and the working fluid. Same cold side. I attach a pic, my latest version has horizontal spaced heaters and coolers, but this one will point out the potential of thin walls. Again sorry for acting like a jerk.
Netti A.jpg
Netti A.jpg (88.66 KiB) Viewed 5336 times
Crazyguy

Post by Crazyguy »

It's March, have you built the engine yet?
Wellington

Post by Wellington »

auret wrote:Earlier today I lodged a provisional patent titled GATED HEAT MOTOR in Australia. Basically I have found a way, very simple way, to circumvent the issues associated with trying to get the heat and the cool energy through thick walls in high pressure devices. I have posted enough detail on the facebook group GATED HEAT MOTOR for you to know what I am all about.

This is it gentlemen. This is the time of the heat motor. I have done what I do best, and now it's your turn to show the world what you are made of. Respect my ownership of the methodology and I will work with you.

Kind regards,
Derek
Hello Derek I cant claim to have the experience to comment or evaluate your ideas but can offer up another possible solution of overcoming what you describe as the Achilles heel of stirling engines. If as you say the Achilles heel is finding a way to transfer heat through thick pressure walls you may wish to consider using a vacuum heat pipe passing through a thick hot end with appropriate pressure seals or welding. the heat pipe can be further enhanced by using graphine heat transfer oil (instructions on youtube: robbert murray smith heat pipe). you could design the tip of the heat pipe passing into the engine into any shape you like to reduce dead space and have the tip hot end of the heat pipe as thick as you want. Baramann has a video of a small heat pipe stirling on youtube but the heat pipe is only in a socket and so is technically still external.
Regards
.Wellington
DLantz

Post by DLantz »

Some of the description of this engine reminds me of this one:

http://home.germany.net/101-276996/english.htm