help with designing

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
thermo

help with designing

Post by thermo »

need info on designing a single cylinder stirling engine. also need pressure-specific volume diagram, temperature- entropy diagram, and pressure-enthalpy. calculations of total power, elcetrical power if powering a generator, heat and cylinder volume, and engine rpm. thanx
alpha stirling

Post by alpha stirling »

Hi!
First of all we would need to know just what kind of engine are you planning? Alpha, Beta or Gamma? High or low temperature difference? The expected power output?

If you wan't an engine that has all that information already measured and drawn, purchase plans and build one from those. "From scratch"-engines cannot be estimated that accurately with theoretical approach.

Some while ago I found a website with all the theory one could need. Too bad I lost the link to it. I will post it here If I can find it. :smile:
thermo

Post by thermo »

it is a beta engine that will be hooked up to a generator that has to produce 8 kW of electricity. the heat has to come from biomass or solar power, but i think using biomass will yeild easier equations to solve this.