Unique Scuderi IC engine

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
Jan Ridders

Unique Scuderi IC engine

Post by Jan Ridders »

:grin:
Hi all,
I just finished my Scuderi four stroke engine. It a wonderfull nice, small and easy to make engine. Absolutely unique design based on the Scuderi principle. Look at my website:
http://heetgasmodelbouw.ridders.nu
Jan Ridders, The Netherlands
tmk

Post by tmk »

your models are really quite well done.

If you don't mind sharing, where do you get the parts? Do you machine them yourself? Is there some sort of small engine supply shop that sells all these little bits and pieces?

the gearing and tooth belt in particular seem like they would be hard to come by.

thanks
-tmk
Jan Ridders

Post by Jan Ridders »

tmk wrote:your models are really quite well done.

If you don't mind sharing, where do you get the parts? Do you machine them yourself? Is there some sort of small engine supply shop that sells all these little bits and pieces?

the gearing and tooth belt in particular seem like they would be hard to come by.

thanks
-tmk
I use very common materials like steel, alumium, brass, bronze, etc. Gathering this (rest)materials is a normal part of the hobby; somtimes easy, somtimes less easy. I machine them all by myself; I even make always my own designs. Toothbelts and the pulley's for it are for sale at more or less specialized suppliers. Not exactly the same as I have used probably, but look for something similar an addapt the design a little bit to what you can get.
Greetings and success,
Jan Ridders