New Stirling site

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
royuk

New Stirling site

Post by royuk »

I've just started a site with my Stirling Engines on at:

http://www.royuk.co.uk
Last edited by royuk on Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SScandizzo

Post by SScandizzo »

Way to go Roy!

Using the polyester laminating resin is brilliant. I've found that the hardest single component to fabricate is the power cylinder/piston and you've found a great solution. My latest engine uses a glass syringe for the cylinder and piston, so my dimensions are restricted by the syringe I can find.

Show us more soon.

-Stefan
Crazyguy

Re: New Stirling site

Post by Crazyguy »

Site is gone
Muneeb

Post by Muneeb »

i want to purchase solar based stirling engine operated with solar fixed concentrator
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Muneeb, once is enough, over doing it gives us doubts. There have been solar powered hot air engines advertised for at least the last 60 years or so, I remember ads in "Popular Mechanics" and similar publications from the 1950s, a friend has had one of those ones for about 50 years, get it out any time the suns out and it goes.
Ian S C
Muneeb

Post by Muneeb »

Dear Ian S C my date of birth is in 90"s My research is based on renewable energy resources i have working for Master degree research and i create s model of solar based stirling engine nowi i my requirement is to purchase it of 2KW to note the behaviour, thermal properties, Evaluation and so many other things of engine in actually conditions so please tell me from where i can purchase it In Pakistan 3 to 4 cities i visited to search stirling engine but nothing avaliable now i am fully disheart
two day before i saw this page regarding stirling engine then again i am refresh
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Muneeb, some times Stirling Enging
es come up for sale on the inter net, but 2Kw is a large motor. Myself, I build my own but much smaller, 5 to 10 Watts. Good luck on your search.
Ian S C