Hi everybody, I am new to the forum :)

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
MECHANICAL MAN

Hi everybody, I am new to the forum :)

Post by MECHANICAL MAN »

Hi everybody,

I am interested in stirling engines, I have just built a handmade gamma type stirling engine so far. I am searching about rotary stirling engines,micro chp systems and converting geothermal energy into mechanical energy by using of rotary stiriling engines.

Can we share files(like e- book) about stirling engines in the forum?

Excuse me, my english is not enough to write and speak. If I wrote something wrong, I am sorry. I am glad to be a member of the forum.

Goodbye...
Cartech

Re: Hi everybody, I am new to the forum :)

Post by Cartech »

Welcome to the forum. I have been interested in rotary Stirling's too but I have not seen any that actually run. I'm sure there are running models but no one has posted any video that I have seen. It would seem that most geothermal systems use steam turbine's to spin generators. I would imagine that some geothermal that isn't hot enough to run steam turbine's would be a good place to try Stirling technology.
MECHANICAL MAN

Post by MECHANICAL MAN »

Thanks, I exactly approve your opinions. I try to develop, I am just researching.
There are rotary displacer stirling engines and their videos on youtube, but I havent seen any RotaryStrilingEngine,too.

One day, someone can be built simple and effiency RSE. I think, simplicty is so important at design.

Goodbye...
Deferr

Post by Deferr »

Great to have you on the forum. If you are able post pictures or drawings of you rotary Stirling engine. We would love to see it.