Help for stirling college project! help asap

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
kunal

Help for stirling college project! help asap

Post by kunal »

Dear members,
i am building a stirling can engine as made by William gurstelle of makezine.com for my college project but my model got rejected as stirling engine model is a very common project, so i want help for modifications in fuel alternatives or making use of rotary motion of crankshaft with any add-ons like pumping water or any usefulness.

Please help me finding a heat source other than lamp or burners, i am thinking of making the hot water can wrapped by solar source like copper plates or tubing but not getting the right idea to generate atleast 200F in hot water can.

Please help asap!
thank you
kunal

Re: Help for stirling college project! help asap

Post by kunal »

thanks!

a very thanks for the help, hope it helps but are you suggesting a two can stirling or lamina flow stirling? will surely let you know the progress, again thanks for ur effort

Report this post
kunal

Re: Help for stirling college project! help asap

Post by kunal »

theropod2 wrote:
kunal wrote:thanks!

a very thanks for the help, hope it helps but are you suggesting a two can stirling or lamina flow stirling? will surely let you know the progress, again thanks for ur effort
Kunal,

I'm not suggesting any one particular type of engine. I was merely suggesting a different direction for powering the engine.

One could use a mechanical tracking system with SERIOUSLY low ratios to direct drive the tracking.

RS
Sir,
Can you plz help me with tracker? can it generate 100c i.e. bring water to boiling temp? plz suggest me a plan or more information for ne alternative way of having heat, thank you