New Members PLEASE read! - OR, having problems registering, being deactivated

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
lpkvh11

Re: "Hi" We are new here!

Post by lpkvh11 »

Hi i'm Kiran Hegde from Karnataka, India. I'm new here. I'm in my final semester (4th year) of mechanical engineering now and have been obsessed about them since i watched a video of tin can engine on youtube in my 2nd year. Unfortunately there are no books in our library about SE and buying them is astronomically expensive! Also most of my professors don't know a lot SE and its operations. Therefore I hope that everyone in the forum can help me with my queries... Thank You! :-)
Antman

Post by Antman »

Hi Guys and happy New Year,
Glad I found this forum. Some of you might recognise me from HMEM, I'm the guy who asks so many questions about basic machining. I've had a lathe and a shaper for about 3 years now and a next to useless knackered mill/drill for 2years. I've actually learnt something mostly making tooling and soon will start making engines. One of my aims has always been a Stirling Engine with usable power, say half a Kilowatt, using a solar mirror for a heat source.
Cheers, see you next year
Ant
bboy

Post by bboy »

Hi, im new here, Im working on my first Stirling engine, hopefully it will work soon =)
Boatpaddle

Post by Boatpaddle »

I am interested in learning more about whats been tried.

David
jpkovalchuk

Post by jpkovalchuk »

Hi Folks!

Thank you all to let me join. I'm from Brazil and I'm researching on higher power - more than 1kW - engines for our third-world water pumping and movement necessities. I truly believe that we can combat poverty with some tech and hard work.

By the way: happy 2013 - mine is the first post of the year!

Rgs,
JPK
hueliquis

Post by hueliquis »

Hi!

I am interested in learning about Stirling engines and I hope I can get some knowledge from this forum.

Cheers!
Hueliquis.
Inresol

Post by Inresol »

Hi there, I am also new here and very excited about it!

I would like to share our excitement by introducing you to the MYPOWER stirling CHP Generator

Here at Finsun Inresol, deep in the Swedish forest, we have designed a fully operational and Portable Stirling Generator that can create up to 10 KW of heating and electrical energy! we are looking for pledges and investment at; http://www.indiegogo.com/mypower?c=home , here you can also pre order with the help of your pledge to be one of the first to be able to simply create your own power in your home or business. Thanks for your help and interest and allowing us to give "Power to the People". to contact us or for more information and technical specifications go to www.inresol.se.

Please visit the new TOPIC about this and leave your comments, feedback, questions etc and of course we appreciate your help in assisting our development and creating a cleaner, greener environment!

Thanks again

Danny
alihureiby

Post by alihureiby »

HIII. what's up guys?
NRG

Post by NRG »

Hello Stirling Folks :)
SIUE Stirling Team

Post by SIUE Stirling Team »

Hello!

Myself and five other mechanical engineering students recently formed a Stirling Engine design team.

Our purpose is to gain an understanding of the numerous aspects that make a Stirling Engine efficient and ultimately build an 800w capable engine for a local charity organization.

We are eager to learn as much as we can from this experienced community and hope to one day contribute to the knowledge base.

SIUE Team,
Rolf Ignell

Post by Rolf Ignell »

Hi I'm here! This was the only place I could find to write
Best regards
Rolf Ignell
Hopper

Post by Hopper »

Hi from Oz.
I was a machinist for some years in my youth and still have an old 1930s Drummond lathe in my shed.
Built a few model steam engines years ago and have always been fascinated by Stirling engines. Was going to build a model Ericson years ago but got sidetracked by other things.
So looking around now, it looks like there has been a lot of progress in the intervening years, so scoping out plans and Andy Ross's free download book, and dusting off the lathe.

Great forum you guys have here. A treasure trove of info.

Thanks all
Hopper
Woody

Post by Woody »

Hi, I'm new to the forums but have been interested in stirling engines since high school. I'm a mechanical/chemical engineer and spent most of my time during my PhD working on gasification. I've recently left a secure job to start up a design/prototyping/fabrication company and would like to eventually try to make a living building stirling engines... we'll see how that goes.

I've been reading the forums for awhile and thought it was finally time to become a member. Thanks to everyone for all of your valuable stirling insight!

Woody
palazi

Post by palazi »

Hi guys and girls :)
My name is Karol and I'm new here. I am from Poland and now I am obsessed in this kind of engines. My present dream is to build my first own stirling engine and after that step by step make it better. I hope that here I'll find some Stirling- freaks which will help me if I'll have some questions ;)
Greetings!
RenewableEnergy

Post by RenewableEnergy »

Hi, I'm new of this forum. I'm writing from Italy. I'd like to build a Stirling Energy.

RenewableEnergy