New Members PLEASE read! - OR, having problems registering, being deactivated

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
theropod2

Re: "Hi" We are new here!

Post by theropod2 »

yo9hrb wrote:Hello, everybody!
Hey, welcome.

R
yo9hrb

Post by yo9hrb »

Very interesting forum. I hope that will help me to build my first stirling engine.
P.S. Please, excuse my bad english.
theropod2

Post by theropod2 »

yo9hrb wrote:Very interesting forum. I hope that will help me to build my first stirling engine.
P.S. Please, excuse my bad english.
Don't worry about your English. I bet it's better than any other language I could use.

Feel free to ask any and all questions you might have.

R
Just Ron

Post by Just Ron »

Hi All: guess I am the newest one here, I have only received Jeff Larson’s book on LTD Steriling engines. And I do not know anything about them but will. I am on disability a just an old man with more time than money. And love to make things. I am a Life Member of the VFW Post 1674. And will have a lot of questions and will ask for a lot of help. :shock:
theropod2

Post by theropod2 »

Just Ron wrote:Hi All: guess I am the newest one here, I have only received Jeff Larson’s book on LTD Steriling engines. And I do not know anything about them but will. I am on disability a just an old man with more time than money. And love to make things. I am a Life Member of the VFW Post 1674. And will have a lot of questions and will ask for a lot of help. :shock:

Hey Just Ron,

Welcome. It's folks like you that make the forum work. Ask away, there are some really smart folks that visit here.

R
BWBzz

Post by BWBzz »

Hi,

I'm also a new member of stirlingengineforum.com :)
A week or two ago I made my first stirling engine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S5m61PfExY).
A very simple but working engine :)

In the future I would like to build more advanced and bigger stirling engines and I think I'm gonna need some help to realize it ^^

Cheers!
rwooten12

Post by rwooten12 »

Hello,

It is good to see people pursuing this interest in Stirling engines, good luck to all and wishing everyone success.

Never give this up, it is important that we continue this effort.

Russell Wooten
reubenT

Post by reubenT »

Hi ya'll, I'm a land owner/farmer/logger in middle TN USA, I've been doing a lot of research and experimentation on various possible replacements for oil fired power for food production. I just got a notion to look at sterling engine technology, I remember seeing them in the Edmond science catalog many years ago.
aiad7

Post by aiad7 »

Hi and best regards to you all,

I am very happy to join this forum.

I am sure, I will learn alot from this forum

Thank you very much.

aiad7
LyleM

Post by LyleM »

Hello, guess im the newest member.
johnny

Post by johnny »

hello just getting started and already gained a lot of knowledge about my current stirling project
shah24

Post by shah24 »

Hi All,

I wanted to learn more about stirling engines hence signed up to the forum. I hope I can build one myself some day!!

I have already learned a few things but a lot more to learn.

Thanks,
Shah
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Hi Ali, i think yoy'll find what your looking for if you read through a few threads. Afraid you have quite a bit to read there are a good number of pages. Ian S C
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Ali, NO I would not recomend aluminium, its friction is too high. The ideal material is Graphite in a glass cylinder, a steel cylinder would be ok. Second (and cheaper) is cast iron in a cast iron cylinder, or with only a little more friction a steel cylinder,(just not steel on steel). Aluminium can be used if it is either given a microscopicly thin layer of Teflon / Xylan, or hard anodised, but thats getting a bit much.
Make the design and build an engineering science project, you can study the properties of the different materials, and the effects of heat, friction etc. Best wishes, see you further down the site. Ian S C
BobC

Post by BobC »

Hi All

I have been making model engines for a few years since being inspired by Archibald Williams' book Things to Make. I have built three small Stirling engines to various plans published in the British model engineering press. I am pleased to say all my Stirling engines work. Other interests range from electronics and robotics to kite flying and gardening. I am based in Wales, UK.

Bob