New Members PLEASE read! - OR, having problems registering, being deactivated

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
RichardA

Re: "Hi" We are new here!

Post by RichardA »

Thank you for acceptting my registration. I am currently building a Heinrici Hot Air Engine

Regards

Richard
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

RichardA, Hi, what size, is it a kit of castings, or are you building it from bar stock, from scratch. Ian S C
sandrarowney

Post by sandrarowney »

Hi, I'm new here. Married to a Stirling engine obsessive and helping out where I can. I fetch burgers at rallies, patiently explain the Stirling cycle as best I can, unless I'm asked about the regenerator and then I'm floored, make the video, photos and website. Do I qualify for the forum? :)
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

sandrarowney, yep your welcome, sounds as though you know at least as much as some here, and more than others, and welcome to hubby as well. Ian S C
harry

Post by harry »

Hi,

I am Harry from Germany.
Just got my CNC lathe ready and my first project is to build a Model Stirling.
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

sandrarowney wrote:... Married to a Stirling engine obsessive...
Hehe, now there's a lucky man out there!
Hello to you and Harry!
What we need is a More Heat or More cold, and Less Friction or Better Air Seals ...and an Aspirin!
Sripto Vu-Lighter Historian http://www.thehawkeco.com
lwess

Post by lwess »

Hello! ,
I'm new to the "stirling engine industry" and i'm trying step by step to make a working model :laugh:
best regards from Tunisia :smile:
bladeattila

Post by bladeattila »

Hi everybody,

I'm Attila from Hungary, Budapest. Chemical technician, service engineer and CAD/CAM CNC operator, also HAE lover, blogger, and the Hungarian Stirling engine forum's admin.
I built lot type of hot air engines in the last 6 year what you can check on my youtube channel.
And believe in that possible to use every developed things from the last 200 years in a low cost or machined modell hot air engine. I have a Stirling fanatic friend Simi112. We try to replicate every professional invention in low cost, from scrap. This is a good challenge and we learn always something new from the hot air engine's soul. :)
Best regards!
BLADE
The flames of ignorance doesn't hurt when you burn.
RichardA

Post by RichardA »

Ian

thank you for the reply. It is a kit of castings. Bought several years ago from Reeves in the UK. I just need the motivation to get it finished!

RichardA
Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Hi. Thanks for letting me join. I am hoping to learn about solar Stirling engines.

Ross
ron17571

Post by ron17571 »

Hi! Im new and trying to learn more about sterling engines.
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Ron, stirling engines. Ian S C
Turaco

Post by Turaco »

Hi - I am new here!

I am a Chemical Engineer interested in getting my Dad's old Philips MP1002CA Stirling Engine up and running.

Thanks for taking the trouble to set up and administer this forum.

Turaco
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Turaco, have you got the directions for use booklet, its 20 pages, a free down load, and I can't remember the web site, but it should not be too hard to find. Welcome aboard, sorry I'm too far away if you decide to give the Philips away, I'd love one. Ian S C
Turaco

Post by Turaco »

Thank you Ian S C - I have found a lot of helpful stuff after following your and other peoples advice. I am going to get the engine up and running and then I will decide what to do with it. I am already interested in building my own and I am very keen on what I have read about using solar energy as a heat supply, particularly as I am contemplating the idea of going to live off the grid in the African bush.

In the unlikely event that I suddenly decide to give my precious engine away to an unknown New Zealander you will be first on the list!