New Members PLEASE read! - OR, having problems registering, being deactivated

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
Administrator
Owner
Owner

New Members PLEASE read! - OR, having problems registering, being deactivated

Post by Administrator »

Welcome
We are glade you are here.......and happy you joined us!

Please make your first post anywhere on the forums for that matter. Anything, just let us know you are here.
If you failed to make a post within the 5 days that is required,
Your account will be deleted. You may re-register using the same username a second time. But, you must make a first post to stay a member of these forums.

Ask Plenty of questions because we have some of the most informed and friendly experts right here.
They look forward to answering you, they really do. Just ask and you will see how fast a response you will get! :thumbsup:

Make a new thread and post photos of your Mosin. We love nothing better than to look at Mosin photos!
We can look at those marks and every so often, someone will have something rare and they never knew it.

Welcome to the forums

From all of the Administrators and the members!

New Registered Members:
Registration is not on automatic. I will review each registration individually.
You must respond to the email you are sent to "activate" your account

2) Deactivated accounts.
If you failed to make a post within the 5 days that is required,
you may have had your account deleted. If so, you will have to register again. You may use the same username and email address if you wish.
If you were "banned", well, don't bother to re-register.

3) I routinely remove SPAM as I find it but, if you find more .....
just hit the Image in the upper right corner of their post.
It will alert me immediately. I sometimes miss a few!

This thread is for new people to post "Hi". This is so I know they are here for real!

Thanks

Administrator
vile_fly

Re: "Hi" We are new here!

Post by vile_fly »

well, looks like I'm the new guy.
I work as a certified master mechanic with emphasis on diagnostics. Been doing that for about 20yrs, so I've picked up on some engineering and learned how to criticize some so-called engineers. Comes with the experience. I have always thought the stirling engine was an interesting thermodynamic nightmare and a nice opportunity to hone my own engineering skills.
Image Pssst! Hey you! Yeah, you. Over here....
skypupnut

Post by skypupnut »

thanks for letting me join
St. Catherine

Post by St. Catherine »

Hello everyone, I've been a bit of a tinkerer for most of my life, but Stirling Engines, Manson Engines and the like have captured my interest just lately. Already I'm starting to look over stainless steel tubular objects for sale in hardware shops in a completely new way. I'd really love to have a Stirling engine on a bicycle, - ok it might not do much, - but it would still make me smile.
hermanpwillis

Post by hermanpwillis »

Hi, I am new here. Looking forward to learning lots! Scott
SimonD

Post by SimonD »

Hi,
My name is Simon and I am based in England.
I am currently finishing off my first LTD stirling to my own design. I found this forum whilst searching the net for troubleshooting tips.

Thanks
Simon
Last edited by SimonD on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carnot

Post by Carnot »

Registered at last, thanks Webmaster !
onetoremember

Post by onetoremember »

Hi

I am based in the uK. my full time job is with an energy company looking at energy services strategy - everything from domestic gas boilers to solar and heat pumps.

In my spare time I run an online book and ebook shop focused on energy. Some of the ebooks are free to download and we have some on Stirling engines
D.C.Clark

Post by D.C.Clark »

Hello,

I'm a retired NASA techie -- machinist, metrologist, technologist. Have a benchtop machine shop at home including a Sherline CNC lathe and milling machine, and a newly acquired Sieg X2.

I've done a couple of Stirlings. Looking forward to doing a couple more.

Best regards,

David Clark in Southern Maryland, USA
Aviator168

Post by Aviator168 »

Hello,

I am new. I am in software and interested in stirling engines on boats and planes. Currently building a low temp stirling, and will build an alpha with precision machining tools.

Wai
DethanB

Post by DethanB »

Hello to you all!!!

I've always been interested in building a stirling engine (and many others) and have never looked into it until recently having found "Home made" versions. I was always under the impression I had to have machinery tools to build one, but now see that I can build one with simple house hold items.

So, I'm here to learn all about the physics, dimensions, and other information needed to build my own machines! I truly look forward to reading the posts, and getting started!

Thanks, and have a great day!
~ David
cncboss6

Post by cncboss6 »

Thanks for letting me join. I finally see what you are doing here as I posted a seperate post. I should learn alot here, and am looking forward to it. Thanks again. I have a full machine shop at home including a cnc Bridgeport series 2 mill and a Monarch 10ee lathe. I am a retired toolmaker-metal working machinist that work in the automotive field for 30 years. I have never worked on These type of projects here, but I have alot of knowledge in the machining of metal and plastics. If I can help anybody, let me know. Thank You, Pat
Last edited by cncboss6 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
cschwartz106

Post by cschwartz106 »

Hi there,

Just finishing off my first Stirling and hoping to get a little advice from some of the guys on here. I'm a Mechanical Design Engineer and work in the Engine and Vehicle test industry so I may be able to offer up some advice as well!
Deepwater

Post by Deepwater »

Am an old retired marine engineering consultant with about 10 years living and sailing with Double acting opposed piston, single acting opposed piston 2 stroke direct reversing marine diesels, all manner of steam turbines, boilers, and have actually seen about 3 Pescara free piston diesel engines powering a gas turbine driven ship. G'day. :razz:
Deepwater

Post by Deepwater »

Ought to add....have known about Stirlings since college in UK, 50 years ago...never seen one...completed first Tin Can Stirling with regenerator several weeks ago. Runs like a top