My stirling engine , now it runs on alcohol stoves ! Special thanks Lan SC !,

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
thanh-cuibap

My stirling engine , now it runs on alcohol stoves ! Special thanks Lan SC !,

Post by thanh-cuibap »

James

Re: My stirling engine , now it runs on alcohol stoves ! Special thanks Lan SC !,

Post by James »

Hi Thanh,

Just seen your video. A beautifully made machine. Just wondering, have you ever considered also building one that can be used to perform real work in rural settings?
thanh-cuibap

Re: My stirling engine , now it runs on alcohol stoves ! Special thanks Lan SC !,

Post by thanh-cuibap »

yes ! i'm thinking about that !!
James

Post by James »

I chance upon this machine and I think it is awesome!!
I am trying now to raise awareness about the usefulness of the Stirling Engine to people at my website.
https://www.tolifeonline.org/lifestuff.php
If you do work on this project we will be very excited to help showcase it over at our site so that more people can benefit.
thanh-cuibap

Post by thanh-cuibap »

James wrote:I chance upon this machine and I think it is awesome!!
I am trying now to raise awareness about the usefulness of the Stirling Engine to people at my website.
https://www.tolifeonline.org/lifestuff.php
If you do work on this project we will be very excited to help showcase it over at our site so that more people can benefit.
I don't understand , you can submit all details help me ?? I'm sorry I'm english not good ...
mail : minh.stirling@gmail.com
cbstirling2

Post by cbstirling2 »

James wrote:Hi Thanh,

Just seen your video. A beautifully made machine. Just wondering, have you ever considered also building one that can be used to perform real work in rural settings?
I know this isn't a reference to a stirling engine, but maybe 4 cycle engine could be ran on a wood gasifier? I've seen that done on TV or they ran an old car from burning wood.
CBStirling2
cbstirling2

Post by cbstirling2 »

thanh-cuibap wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn3ZidE ... e=youtu.be
now it runs on alcohol stoves
What material do you use as an insulator between the hothead and the cooler side of the displacer cylinder?
CBStirling2
thanh-cuibap

Post by thanh-cuibap »

cbstirling2 wrote:
thanh-cuibap wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn3ZidE ... e=youtu.be
now it runs on alcohol stoves
What material do you use as an insulator between the hothead and the cooler side of the displacer cylinder?
I use bakelite plastics , you can use teflon.... !
[img]
Photo0047-1.jpg
Photo0047-1.jpg (513.38 KiB) Viewed 7109 times
[/img]
Aviator168

Post by Aviator168 »

Congrats. You got a working stirling engine.
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Bakelite stinks when it gets hot.
Ian S C
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

You can also use high temperature head gasket material. Cut a few gaskets to make for the same thickness. I have used this idea a few times to try and prevent heat going to the cooling area.
Trev