Regenerator doubles power output.

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
Aviator168

Regenerator doubles power output.

Post by Aviator168 »

Ian S C

Re: Regenerator doubles power output.

Post by Ian S C »

Hi aviator, wish I could read Japanese (Ithink its Japanese), nice wee motor, proberbly about the size of the little one in my album (its 2.5 cc), ni theory you should get about .5 of a watt per cc, and if I pushed it my one might do that ie., 1.12W. I don't think that a regenerator on that size motor would be any advantage, there is a certain amount of regeneration along the side of the displacer, as long as its made of steel or stainless, and as thin as possible ( the thinner the metal the greater the resistance to heat conduction along the displacer. Ian S C
Chriske

Post by Chriske »

This regenerator + ice does work very well :
A LTD running 1000 rpm, never seen before..!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdX7hwjh ... re=related
Mijn thuis is waar mijn draaibank staat...
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Chriske, What temperature does your LTD run on, If its runs on hot water (boiling), and ice, thats near enough to 100 deg C differential. Have you tryed it both with, and without the regenerator, and if so what sort of difference does it make. Ian S C
Aviator168

Post by Aviator168 »

no.that is only the source heat temp and the could temp.hardly temp difference between hot and cold of the working gas.that gap is a lot narrower.
Chriske

Post by Chriske »

Ian,

Hold your horses...!
This LTD is not mine...!

I did reply because Aviator 168 started this thread about regenerators.

Chris
Mijn thuis is waar mijn draaibank staat...
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

chriske, sorry mate, it does sound good though does'nt it,(maybe too good). Ian S C
Longboy

Post by Longboy »

....do you have a video that relates to the thread title? This doesn't seem to be the right video after watching.
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

I was looking for something else on google the other night, and came across an LTD motor with a regenerator system built into the displacer, and it was shown in a vidio running at high speed, although I'm still a bit sceptical. With this type of motor 100rpm is very good, and 60rpm is about average, but 1000rpm seems a little bit much, I may be wrong, I'm only going on the little knowledge that I have.
The displacer in the vidio had six holes cut in it and something, possibly steel wool in the holes. Ian S C