email advertisement for Stirling engine

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
ben57

email advertisement for Stirling engine

Post by ben57 »

I have been interested in alternative energy sources for some time. Today I received an email that advertises plans for a Stirling Engine that is supposed to be strong enough to provide power for ones home. The link is

http://www.stirlingfreepower.com/?a_aid=specialbox

Is there any one on this forum that has built a Stirling Engine either the two cylinder or one cylinder that will use the heat of the sun to turn an alternator that will produce power for a home?

Thanks
Ian S C

Re: email advertisement for Stirling engine

Post by Ian S C »

Basicly, a load of BS, with some facts, and a lot of half truths. A very brief google search found that U331was a type IIVC U Boat that was sunk in the Mediteranean in 1942, after having sunk 3 ships, it was never anywhere near the US east coast. It was a normal Diesel electric boat, with two 1200 hp engines. Alhough many died from boiler explosions, I see no record of Roberts father, Patric so doing. There is no truth in the story the the rail and coal companies suppresed the air engine, It ran on coal! Four of Roberts' sons were railway engineers, designing locomotives, The ones with very large single driving wheels. Ian S C