New Members PLEASE read! - OR, having problems registering, being deactivated

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
stirlinglad

Re: "Hi" We are new here!

Post by stirlinglad »

hi folks,
my names mike, i'm 50 and like you guys i'm hooked on stirling engines
I live in stirling and happened across the phrase stirling engine on day while messing about on-line.. ( about 2 yrs ago)
that got me curious so i checked it out.... and .. well you all know ... its a slippery slope...
then tonight while going through my usual build log search I found this forum and thought i'd join and ask you guys if you can help me?

i was given a set of castings and drawings for a westbury mark2 heinricci hot air engine. My problem has been finding a build log to follow.
I got the plans with it and i'm trying to feel my way along just looking at the drawings but would love to have more direct guidance..
another of my problems is ive just discovered the main body casting is too big to turn on my mini lathe and i have'nt got a mill just a vertical slide attachment..anyway this probably isnt the place for this is it? sorry..
I dont know if i can contribute anything useful to your forum, but i promise if ive nothing constructive to say then i'll say nothing ok..

...Mike...
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Hi Mike, welcome, you'll have to borrow a bigger lathe! Had a bit of a look around, heres what I found:
Model Engineer
1964 Vol 130 no 3261
1965 Vol131 no 3270
no 3269
no 3268
no 3267
1973 Vol139 no 3467 (may not be any use, but labled Mk 2)
Your library or model engineering club may have copies, or you might find them on E bay or similar. This is a worthwhile motor to build, and display. Ian S C
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

uaitombbrab, you and your like are waisting your time here, as well as ours, please remove your selves. Ian S C
Administrator
Owner
Owner

please

Post by Administrator »

1) New Registers:
Registration is on automatic. You must respond to the email you are sent to "activate" your account.

2) Deactivated accounts.
If you failed to make a post within the 10 days allowed, you may have had your account de-activated. If so, email me and it will be re-activated. If you fail to request a re-activation in another 5 days, your account will be removed permanently. You are not banned or any thing like that, and may re-register with the same user name and password if you like at any time.

3) I have remove all the SPAM I can see. If you find more, just hit that little ! in the upside down triangle symbol on there post and it will alert me immediately. I could have missed a few!

Boydhouse
Darryl Boyd
E300

Post by E300 »

Good day all....new to this Stirling thing but very interested:) Toolmaker by trade but tool-designer now...3D cad and machine shop at home
NitaS

Post by NitaS »

Hi, and I am here to :)
sankaren7

Post by sankaren7 »

HI, i am new here
RonT

Post by RonT »

I'm Ron, from Yellowknife, NWT, Canada, and I'm also new here. My background is avionics maintenance, and the hobby that consumes most of my personal time is amateur radio. My motivation for joining is to tap into the resources here and explore the possibility of building a Stirling engine capable of generating tens of watts or more to power my radio gear.
ZippoLag

Post by ZippoLag »

I'm ALIVE!!

Also, an information systems engineering student that likes steampunk spite of having very little mechanical knowledge and somehow ended up here.
dreese

Post by dreese »

Hi everyone! I'm also new here, writing from northern California (originally from Utah). I've been a Stirling cycle engine enthusiast for a few years now, though I don't have much hardware yet (because I don't have a lathe/mill yet). The only working engine I have is one of those little alcohol walking beam gammas from Malaysia, which I bought just because I was stir crazy. I do have some mechanical drafting knowledge and I am planning on doing some designs in TurboCAD one of these days, and seeing what I can come up with.

My main interests with it are in improving heat exchange effectiveness, feasibility of liquid heat addition/removal, and size. These are interests that I just cannot shake, and keep me up at night sometimes.
kaltien dvorak

Post by kaltien dvorak »

Hi folks! Am another new member (from West Australia.) Am reading all your posts with great interest. These devices hold great potential for helping mankind's energy problems. Am particularly interested in applying ceramic piston and cylinder applications to these heat engines, and swapping ideas with you all.
Regards - kaltien dvorak.
kalakala

Post by kalakala »

Congratulations for the forum. Honestly the job is amazing.
Coco Mbella

Post by Coco Mbella »

Hi, i am a Renewable Energy Technology student from germany and very interested in stirling engines. In my spare time i built Stirling Engines out of household items.
Coco
lgh_sun

"Hi" i am a new

Post by lgh_sun »

hi i am a new, i am glad to entro the group ,i hope to exchange idea with us.
johnmaster

Post by johnmaster »

Hello,
I have just contracted a case of stirling engine, my case of propane turbo power is in remission although I know it is going to come back in the spring:) I have an idea to use a 90 degree v8 and make a large alpha engine out of it and am looking for advice so figured why not join in.