New Members PLEASE read! - OR, having problems registering, being deactivated

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
simonchan

Re: "Hi" We are new here!

Post by simonchan »

Hi guys! I am new here! I am in the process of planning to build a twin cylinder gamma type LTD stirling engine.
Possert

Post by Possert »

Hello I'm partially here but that is the best anyone ever gets from me. Half my mind is usually off onto my next project.
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Possert, as long as a bit of your top two inches is here, you'll be OK. Ian S C
kolcsar

Re: Registering, and Deactivated...PLEASE READ!

Post by kolcsar »

boydhouse wrote:1) New Registers:
Registration is back to automatic again.

2) Deactivated accounts.
If you failed to make a post within the 3 days allowed, you may have had your account de-activated. If so, email me and it will be re-activated. If you fail to request a re-activation in another 5 days, your account will be removed permanently. You are not banned or any thing like that, and may re-register with the same user name and password if you like at any time.

3) I have remove all the SPAM I can see. If you find more, just hit that little ! in the upside down triangle symbol on there post and it will alert me immediately. I could have missed a few!

Boydhouse
Darryl Boyd
Hello everibody !
I am Laszlo Kolcsar from Transylvania.I registered today.I don't know how to post a vidio !!!!Help me,I don't want to be deativated :smile:
kolcsar

Post by kolcsar »

boydhouse wrote:This thread is for new people to post "Hi". This is so I know they are here for real!

Thanks

Darryl
Hi !
I am Laszlo Kolcsar,I am living in Transylvania.I made few stirling engines,the lasts are pritty good.My youtube adress is Laszlo Kolcsar.
kolcsar

Post by kolcsar »

Dociron wrote:Hello,
I've only recently gotten the urge to build a sterling powered fan and while researching happened upon this site. I'am going to enjoy reading all that is here.
Thanks
hello !I have some stirling fans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYoeZ4A7fV0
drakester

Post by drakester »

Hi there,
Just another retired guy, engineer, tinker, early adopter kitemaker. Formerly subscribed to Model Engineer, currently interested in Stirling stuff. I mostly lurk.
-=d=-
trojandronepros

Post by trojandronepros »

Hi! I had just discovered stirling engines existed on Saturday and have been researching it ever since. Since I'm in 7'th grade, I havn't studied any thermodynamics or any science or math pertaining to Stirling engine, but I've really stuck to the idea of building one. I wanted to mount a gamma stirling to a sun-tracking heliostat to produce free energy, but in my few days of research, I discovered that the difference of a millimeter and materials used can have a great effect upon the efficiency and watts produced by the stirling engine. Beyond that point, I could only find equations I could not understand, and it wouldn't have worked anyway because I needed to have a built a stirling engine to know the values it was calling for like RPM. I had signed up to the forums in search of more information, like which would be the best type of stirling engine to be mounted upon a heliostat, how does the size of the power piston and the way it is connected to the displacer cylinder change the efficiency, RPM, and temperature needed to run the stirling engine, and whether more air space inside the displacer cylinder calls for more heat. So, I think that concludes my very first post.
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Welcome aboard, you'v got a bit of reading to do, also have a look through the galleries, you'll see the wide variety of engines built by the site members. Ian S C
Rad

Post by Rad »

Hi all

I'm a final year (hopefully) chemical engineering student in South Africa. I've decided to use a stirling engine in my final year project :big smile: I look forward to seeing everyone's own efforts and hopefully getting my engine to finally run after reviewing engines that really run.
apichatc

Post by apichatc »

"Hi I'm here"
GlennV

Post by GlennV »

Hi everyone ,

I've always been interested in heat engines.
But a few years ago I heard about the stirling engine and how simple it was in operation.
I've build a few working ones and a lot not-working ones.
I'm now working on a new bigger stirling engine.

Greets
olavlan2

Post by olavlan2 »

Hi,-
we are new here in forum, but the stirling interest is old and still strong. Please look over for my horribel english.
Best regards Olav from Norway.
vamoose

Post by vamoose »

Hei Olav,
We all speak the same language here ... "Stirling Engines" :cool:
welcome..

vamoose
kettrinboy1

Post by kettrinboy1 »

New member saying hi , ive been making model hot air engines on and off for around 8 yrs or so now and am on my 7 th at the moment a rhombic drive engine, previous engines include single , twin and triple cyl beam engines , twin cyl ross yoke engine and single cyl twin flywheel gamma engine , have also made a flamelicker engine , I will try to post some pics on the gallery section soon.