Modern Stirling design

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
ttoomm

Modern Stirling design

Post by ttoomm »

Design for Stirling in 21th century should be something much different than it was 200 years ago. I am working on this new design, but it goes slowly, it would be nice to have a partner, or partners, team, even better would be to have investor. The aim is very clear, to make a modern Stirling, cheap, powerful, much more useful than today. What people wantS from all kind of engines ? Power, a lot of power, high RPM, nice sound, hehe.
I can not promise a nice sound, but I can promise a lot of power and small, compact design. Engine, which can be sold in millions, so cheap, so powerful. How to find a team of enthusiast ? Ready to risk ? No risk, no profit. tomaz_a at yahoo dot com
Ian S C

Re: Modern Stirling design

Post by Ian S C »

Although the materials will be different, and the new motor highly pressurised, the physical dimentions, and general principal can not change very much, go for it!!!
Ian S C
ttoomm

Re: Modern Stirling design

Post by ttoomm »

Dont worry, the change is very small, but the impact of this modification is huge.
The general principal stays the same, therefore investment can't be huge.
Essentially the most important are experiences with Stirlings, practical and theoretical knowledge.