New Members PLEASE read! - OR, having problems registering, being deactivated

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
Sameman

Re: "Hi" We are new here!

Post by Sameman »

More thanks, now I fixing some troubles with bearings and flywheel, use the available materials and possibility of accuracy.
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Sameman, you need to find old VHS tape machines, or similar, pull to bits, and salvage the bits, you'll find little ball bearing races, or if your motor is a little bigger, roller skate/skate board wheel bearings are cheap, The stove top fan in my gallery uses them. Ian S C
Cachofeiro

Post by Cachofeiro »

Hi,i´m new here.I come to this forum,because i like stirling motors,and i´m working in my first one,and i want to learn all about these machines from the experts.
Thanks to all.
PD.Excuse my english.
John Hill

Post by John Hill »

Hi, now I am the new guy! I am from New Zealand and looking at ideas for something interesting to make in my workshop and a Stirling engine would fit the bill!

John
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Welcome aboard John, good to see another Kiwi on the site, tell us a bit about your workshop when you come up with an idea of what you might like to have a go at, nothing is impossible, some things are just a bit difficult, with a bit of luck, someone here will be able to help. Ian S C
John Hill

Post by John Hill »

Hi Ian, did I meet you on another site? I am at Ashburton and the workshop has everything I should need to keep me busy in retirement but I seem to spend all my time working/playing at the aviation museum.

I hope to build a V type alpha standing on a wood burning stove, I am thinking that if I make it bigger the challenges will be less ? Something like 75mm or more bores.

John
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Thought it was the same bloke. My latest problem comes from Ashburton. A friend has asked me to see if someone wants to buy parts of 2 steam locos, one is Simplex, a 5" gauge 0 6 0 tank loco, the other is a 3 1/2" gauge. Its just parts, but most of the copper for the 2 boilers is there.
You kidding, I don't think you'll get less probems, just won't be so much watch making involved. Ian S C
John Hill

Post by John Hill »

I am sorry if Ashburton is sending you problems! :big smile: What is the status of those boilers, is either of them suitable for use in other than a loco?

So you dont think a big Stirling is easier than a tiny one? It must at least be easier to alter the bigger one. Right now I am trying to figure out how to enhance heat transfer at the hot end (cold end too).
Nsee

Post by Nsee »

Hello To everybody on the forum.

I live in Australia North NSW.

I am interested in Stirling engines and are looking to make one myself.
I am in the process of obtaining some books on the subject and looking for plans for a model
which would be a bit larger than hand size, I have seen some large size engines on this site
which interest me.

I do like things going on with engines EG; Exposed cranks, moving shafts, gears, cogs, flywheels etc.

All the best to everyone.

Nsee
lnxpeng

Post by lnxpeng »

Hello, I am a real person. I'm interested in making a simple soda can gamma-type Stirling engine, so I found this forum.

Cheers!
jwcnc1911

Post by jwcnc1911 »

Hello all,

New guy from North Alabama here. Stirling model engine fan and builder. I am currently building a little Stirling engine designed by Frank Arbeiter, Germany. I'll put pictures in a few days after I get the first part completed. You can find one on YouTube built by a friend of mine.

I hope to see this forum take off! While I enjoy model engines... the other forums have too much non-Stirling for me (that's my only modeling interest).

Hope every one has a good week.

JW
Adam Norris

Post by Adam Norris »

Hi
stccranes

Post by stccranes »

Hello Friends,

I am rohil sharma from India. I join this forum get Information and experienced views. I am enthusiastic about Stirling Engine and are looking to create one myself. Thankyou!!
Darkseid

Post by Darkseid »

I'm real too - at least in some ways, according to my wife. Please forgive my newbie questions!
pyroevil

Post by pyroevil »

Hi all !

I'm new here and really interesting from many years to build my own stirling engine !
I think I'm ready now and be here to collect info from experienced builders and later share my experience on the forum !