"Hi...We are new here!" First posts here (or anywhere is OK)

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
Vjdeep

Re: "Hi...We are new here!" First posts here (or anywhere is OK)

Post by Vjdeep » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:27 am

hello everyone! i am Venkat from Southern India. I am in my final year of engineering. I have built 2 Stirling engines(basic gamma type) over my free time. now am currently building a beta version engine. to power it with Fresnel lens which i ripped off my old projector TV. Looking forward to help and get help. Cheers :)

Sits

Post by Sits » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:56 am

Hello to all! I'm new to the forum. But Stirling engines are my hobby. My friends and I make small batches of physical toys. In particular, we have several working models of the Stirling engine, of different types.

Grorco

Post by Grorco » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:11 pm

Hello everyone, I just recently learned of sterling engines and found the idea behind them amazing. I'm looking forward to learning more, and finding some great discussion on the topic.

Mr Scott

Post by Mr Scott » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:35 am

I didn't see this first but here I am. I have several old books on mechanical engineering and searched the Web extensively trying to get more information on Stirling engines. I'm not sure if I can do the projects I want, but that's why I joined. Mr Scott

Frontax01

Post by Frontax01 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:16 am

Hi Thankyou for allowing me to join the forum.
I have a huge interest in the Stirling Engine.
At the moment im constructing an engine from Boyds
designs using stainless steel sections.
Frontax01

Ian S C

Post by Ian S C » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:05 am

Frontax01, good for you, you have the right idea. Welcome to the forum, and if you can show use a pic of your
motor, don't worry if it's not a video because I have not got to doing it either.

Ian S C

Sockmonkey

Post by Sockmonkey » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:52 pm

Hi everybody. I love gadgets and mechanical stuff in general. It's the problem solving and clever solutions that really get me going. Been reading through various posts on here to educate myself. Stirlings in general are pretty neat and once I've read through some more posts I'll start tossing out some concepts I'd like to run past you guys.

tmg120

Post by tmg120 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:44 am

Hi all Stirling Engine fans! Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Richard, and I was the Project Manager at Homach in the 80's, responsible for the detailed engineering design of Ted Cooke-Yarborough's TMG. We built several of these, (about 4 or 5, I believe) (designated the TMG120) which produced around 120W continuous power. I personally did the final tuning all these units, and installed (at least) two of these: one in Lapland, another in Ontario. I worked for Malcolm Foster, under Ted C-Y's direction. I also worked with Ron Bryenton of AGA on the Trinity House model. Somewhere in my archives I have a photo of me standing next to the Lapland TMG in a snow-suit...

Rafik_A

Post by Rafik_A » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:37 am

Hello everyone,
I am new here.
I have the project to build a LTD and Low tech stirling engine in open source.
I have been working on this project, called "Stirling Vulgaris", for more than a year now, alone and self-financed, but thanks to this kind of forum, the project is progressing !
Rafik